Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Third Time is the Charm....

I was able to reschedule my appointment with Dr. Kathy Miller (much to her secretary's dismay) for Wednesday morning, August 6. So, that is good news.

Paul will not be able to go to the appointment with me, but, my sister Diane (who is a nurse) has agreed to go with me. And today she had the genius idea of setting up a conference call so that Paul can participate in the meeting with us on the morning of the 6th. I'm such a housewife -- something like that wouldn't have come to my mind in a million years!

This is an "off" week for my chemotherapy, so I'm feeling well. This morning I walked our dog around "the block" for the first time since my May 19 surgery. That is progress. And, the bruising and tenderness in my legs is gone. It's so weird to me how something like that just comes and goes?

Today I had lunch with some friends, and then went to JoAnn Fabrics to find material for scarves -- a lady @ the American Cancer Society suggested that to me: instead of paying top dollar for scarves marketed to cancer patients, take in a scarf size that you know will work for you, and buy material that you like. With a simple straight stitch on a sewing machine, I can make as many scarves as I like for about $5 each! My hair is thinning out, but I think I will let it thin for a little while before shaving it. It is amazing to me how many hairs I can pull loose, but at the same time how many hairs are still left on my head!? Makes me think of the verse And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:30).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the Message phrases Jesus's words in Luke 21:

"...every detail of your body and soul - even the hairs of your head! - is in my care..."

--Kim Bruce

Unknown said...

Joan, good luck with your appointment with Dr. Miller. I'll be thinking of you.