Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Taking a Break....

Whew! The first two weeks of school were a blur --that was Labor Day weekend, the start of school, two of the boys had birthdays, I had two chemos... Those two weeks were literally just one thing after another. The bright side of last week were lots of breakfasts, lunches or dinners with friends -- God has truly blessed me with many people who care and encourage me.

This past week has been much easier. Quieter, with the boys being in school all day. I've gotten some scrapbooking done and some cleaning around the house. A friend introduced me to www.flylady.net. I love this website -- "Kelly's missions" take the guess work out of what am I going to do today??, and her suggestions generally only take 30 minutes or so. Brilliant!

Monday(9/22) is my next chemo... This is with the new drug, carboplatin. My oncologist thinks I will tolerate this well. He has scheduled 4 doses, every weeks. My very last chemo will be the Monday before Thanksgiving -- something to truly to be thankful for!! Paul cannot go with me, so my good friend Kim has taken the day off work to go with me. We'll have at least 4 hours of talk time on the drive there and back....

Shane and Liam have started hockey.... Shane had a game last night, and they won 10-1. That is exciting for him, but his games are over so late -- it was almost 11:00 p.m. by the time he and Paul got home last night. The school bus leaves our house around 7:00 a.m., so he got very little sleep last night...

No comments: