Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There and Back Again!

Well, Liam and I made it to Detroit and back, just fine. Paul and his sister gave me great directions, and I generally knew where I was going. I only got turned around one time -- I'm relieved and proud of myself both! I still prefer to have Paul go with me for his company. And sometimes I have appointments where I need him (or someone) to drive me afterward. But, it is also good to know that I can manage myself on easier appointments and not make Paul miss work (a full day, driving there and back) each time on almost a weekly basis. This is a good balance for all of us.

My doctor visit and chemo went well.... My doctor was agreeable to test my pathology for one of the tests that I wanted (EGFR), but said he could not do the other test (P63/P73) at their hospital, and even then was not sure how the test results would affect a treatment decision. I'm going to get the results back from first test; if it is negative, I'll push harder for the second test.

Shane and Tyler are still not home from their youth overnighter, and Paul has a business dinner tonight (global meetings for his department all week). Liam and I are going to go out for dinner. My doc says that I'm still anemic (have been for a while, actually), and he can't give me meds that he used to do for anemia (long story -- pharmacuetuical companies, insurance and FDA warnings... ). So, despite trying to eat less red meat, I think a big, juicy steak might be in order for the evening. I'll search the web for other iron building foods tomorrow.... :-)

No comments: