Saturday, November 15, 2008

From One Busy Week to Another....

As I write this, I am fighting a bad cold. On Wednesday, I had a killer sore throat, and called in sick to work at the library. Paul asked me to go to the doctor, and she confirmed that I do not have strep (she took a swab) and that it is just drainage from a cold. The sore throat is gone, but now I have the cold in my head -- the kind that makes you feel really wiped out and tired, if you know the feeling. Add to that chemo on Monday, and it is a nice mix. Not... I'm not a football fan, but today, sitting and watching the games in front of a nice fire sounds like a great idea...

Shane passed the final part of his driver's training tests today -- now he can go and get his license. I don't think I have seen him smile as big as he did today in a long time! He was very relieved to have passed it on the first try. He needn't have been too worried -- he is a good driver. He is just young... I had initially wanted Paul to go on the driver's test with him, but I'm glad that I got to go -- it is a milestone in his life that we got to share.

As I deal with the "what-ifs" of my cancer, it is important to me that the boys learn to stand on their own two feet. Today was a very positive experience for Shane -- that he can set his mind to something and accomplish it. He, especially, needs that kind of reinforcement. I will not forget the smile on his face for a very long time!

This coming week is a busy one, and I'm already worried about how to manage it. I work every day, and have activities/responsibilities each day besides work. Plus, I have this cold. If I let myself worry today about mid-next, it becomes overwhelming. So, I'm trying to take in stride, and take each day at a time. I've been reminding myself over and over about the verse: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


No comments: