Monday, June 23, 2008

Today Was a Good Day!

Today was a good day -- my surgical drain was finally (5 weeks, post-surgery) removed!!! If you've ever had a surgical drain, then you know my joy. If not, I will spare you the details. Just know it is a liberating feeling! One more step toward restored health.

I still have to watch my activity level for the next couple of weeks -- no heavy lifting (i.e. laundry baskets) or speed walking (like I ever!?) -- but within the next couple of weeks I should be almost good as new. All set to begin chemotherapy....

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will have my first Zometa infusion. Zometa is an osteoporosis medication that has been found to reduce bone metastasis (spread of cancer) by something like 33%. The infusions are given once every six months (for how long? I don't know), and I've read that they can cause mild, flu-like symptoms. I'm hoping it is pretty mild -- Liam and I have plans for the cinema on Tuesday evening while Dad is at golf and Brothers are on their mission trip. Last I heard we are going to see the Incredible Hulk movie?

No comments: