Saturday, June 16, 2012

Last Week My Oncologist Used the "C" Word...

... and I'm pleased and relieved and overjoyed to post that he said "Cured!," not cancer! 

It has been four years since my second diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer.  Being cancer free for that period of time allows my oncologist to say he considers me cured! 

I am thankful for my family and medical care, but I am also abundantly aware it is GOD's mercy and grace for which I should be most thankful.  My goal has been, and continues to be, to live a life that glorifies Him.  I fall short more days than not, but I am a work in progress.  I praise GOD for His love and healing in my life.

May He be glorified.





LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.
O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive,
that I should not go down to the pit. ~ Psalm 30:2-3


He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with
me. ~ Psalm 55:18


Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. ~ Psalm 103:2-5



Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten
by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our
iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. ~Isaiah 53:4-5


Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of
peace and truth. ~ Jeremiah 33:6


Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And
your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. ~ Isaiah 58:8



Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many
others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and He healed them. ~ Matthew 15:30


No comments: