Thursday, May 28, 2009

Random Thoughts....

Today I had my very first pedicure. First one ever. I highly recommend it -- it is very relaxing, and the results are instantaneous and beautiful! A perfect American indulgence. And, it is wonderful to see that towel warmers are being put to excellent use outside of the hospital setting! :-)

As well as treating myself, I had my annual check up with my OB/GYN. I say "annual" even though I hadn't been to him since 2005. That was a pre-cancer check up, you see. Bad news today.... one of my ovaries is swollen, and my doc has ordered an ultrasound. He swears he is just being cautious "because of my history." I hate that phrase.... "because of your history." The ultrasound is on Monday. I'll probably have the results back by Wednesday...

Saturday is our Komen walk in Detroit.... hopefully the weather will warm up and we will have a good day? We're due....

I've been reading Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards. It is probably the best book I've read about breast cancer in a long time. And, believe me, I've read a lot of them!

Eating and dieting is going POORLY. The more I think about food the more (bad) food I eat. I read once doing something like that (i.e. eating terribly when you know your health requires you to eat much better!) is a symptom of repressed denial -- a person denies that he or she has a real health issue, and that he or she must eat healthier than others. Every bit of chocolate and fast food is a repressed denial of my real health issues.

Denial. I'll wear that badge for a while. Tomorrow though, I have to get my act together....

Assuming that my ultrasound on Monday does not show up something really nasty. Then I'll just eat myself into oblivion.

Random thoughts....

No comments: